The mission of Procurement Services is to provide the University of San Diego community access to the highest value of goods and services in a manner consistent with the University's mission, ensuring stewardship, quality, best practices, compliance and educational excellence.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Manager, the eProcurement Administrator is responsible for administration, analysis, and solution support activities contributing to the overall implementation and management of the eProcurement system. The position plays an integral role that contributes to the effective use of the solution, assisting other business users to improve adoption, driving additional value by taking advantage of system functionality, and supporting various departments with business process and solution related support activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the eProcurement platform, USD Marketplace, innovate and provide process improvements that
- maximize procurement opportunities for the entire USD campus on the eProcurement platform.
- Document business requirements and propose recommendations for the addition of new catalogs, process
- improvements, and automation leveraging eProcurement and ERP system functionality.
- Use interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to present ideas concisely and to communicate
- effectively with various stakeholders and constituents within the university community.
- Provide cross functional liaison support among end users and information technology/technical support
- teams, serving as an application expert.
- Provide support for the implementation and on-going operations for the e-Procurement platform,
- including upgrades and enhancements.
- Analyze current business processes, identifying and offering continuous improvement opportunities for
- existing processes.
- Monitor and review upcoming functional changes to the application by attending web conferences,
- teleconferences, or other supplier-sponsored activities.
- Support the development of and assist with administering effective training programs for end users on current and new features and processes.
- Provide support for questions regarding procedures and systems related to the eProcurement system.
- Work closely with internal staff to understand technology impacts on procurement operations (i.e. contract and shopping configurations, supplier enablement opportunities).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot systems issues as they arise.
- Manage feedback and issue resolution to ensure commitments and deployment roadmap milestones are met.
- Ensure all users, approvals, and filters are set up in accordance with University standards and policies.
- Develop and coordinate training and communication with internal focus groups, providing updates on changes in templates or supplier onboarding process.
- Monitor and regularly report on the usage of the eProcurement tools and develop and implement plans for improving tool usage.
- Participate in professional development activities and keep up-to-date on trends, best practices, and technology associated with job function.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.