The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Associate Director of Communications and Assessment reports to the Sr Director of the Career Development Center. As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Associate Director oversees the cross functional areas of communications and assessment for the Center. A storyteller of the full-cycle student experience, the Associate Director leads the implementation of a communications strategy to amplify the programs, initiatives, and outcomes of the Career Development Center across the campus community and with external stakeholders.
A driven self-starter, the Associate Director is a thought partner and changemaker across functional teams of the Center, utilizing and acting on assessment data to ensure the Center is maximizing its service delivery contributing to successful post-graduate outcomes for students. An advocate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, the Associate Director empowers campus partners and the career ecosystem with relevant and timely outcomes data to advance the mission of the Career Development Center and the University of San Diego.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications and Marketing
- Under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director - develops and drives the strategic marketing, branding, outreach, and communication strategy of the Career Development Center across the campus community and with external stakeholders
- Designs and executes all marketing and promotional initiatives to advance the goals of the Career Development Center, within university branding guidelines (both internally and externally)
- Designs and creates, or directs the design and creation of, marketing and promotional collateral including brochures, flyers, advertisements, and other printed, online, and physical content
- Coordinates with University Communications for consistent messaging standardized to both internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees the coordination and successful execution of logistics and strategic event planning for all major Career Development Center events fostering collaboration across functional teams
- Provides leadership of the Career Development Center’s social media presence and strategy in collaboration with Central Marketing and campus partners
- Provides leadership and oversight regarding key messaging, media strategy, execution, and assessment, and planning for events
- Utilizes responsible resource and budget management skills to ensure cost and revenue targets are achieved for all events
- Leveraging various media platforms - leads the strategic dissemination of the Career Development Center’s initiatives, stories, and successes with the campus community, prospective students and families, employers, parents, donors, alumni, and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with the Leadership Team to equip academic deans, chairs, faculty, staff, and other campus partners with timely and relevant information to increase student engagement with career related programs and initiatives
- As a key member of the Career Development Center’s Leadership team - provides a strong vision for assessment to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of programs and initiatives through collaborating across functional teams of the Career Development Center for data driven decision making
- Utilizes data to continuously innovate, assess effectiveness, make improvements to future events and the service delivery and student impact of the Career Development Center
- Proactively equips campus partners (Alumni Relations, Advancement, Admissions, Academics, Student Affairs, and others) with relevant assessment and outcomes data to further advance the mission of the University of San Diego
- An advocate of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts - leverages assessment and outcomes data to ensure the Career Development Center is maximizing student success/outcomes and service delivery for our high priority populations (first-generation, Pell eligible, etc.)
- Leverages assessment and outcomes data across functional teams to inform the direction of communications, marketing, and promotional initiatives of the Career Development Center
- Collaborate with Institutional Research and lead assessment-based research projects and initiatives, translating findings into actionable tasks to advance career development and post-graduation success
- Provide strategic leadership and supervision of two cross-functional teams which include the Communications/Marketing and Assessment areas of the Career Development Center while creating collaborative synergy with members of these teams both internally and across the campus community
- Foster an inclusive, entrepreneurial, and impact driven culture with a focus on empowering team members towards a shared vision of maximizing student success and outcomes
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Advanced skills with the creation, implementation, and assessment of promotional and marketing campaigns
- Advanced skills with outcomes assessments and the tracking and analysis of data
- Familiarity with assessment tools such as Excel, Qualtrics, and/or other resources
- Advanced skills with the creation of visually appealing marketing and promotional materials in print, digital, and web formats
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to strategically determine new projects, events, and initiatives that drive success; executing ideas from start to finish while directing staff
- Ability to write, compile, edit or proofread content for promotional and marketing campaigns
- Strong track record of strategic decision making with consistent follow-through and accomplishment
- Demonstrated ability in working with creative teams, meeting deadlines while collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Ability to design informational and marketing materials, events and projects, including reports, brochures, fliers, posters, email and web pages
- Ability to work collaboratively on team projects with diverse individuals including students, faculty, staff, and employers
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment; flexible, with an ability to deal with change and multiple assignments at once
- Ability to analyze assessment data and draw actionable conclusions
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multitask along with possessing outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with the creation of visually appealing presentation content using PPT or other presentation platforms
- Advanced skills in manipulating and analyzing data using Excel and/or other software platforms
- Ability to travel as needed to on- and off-campus sites
- Ability to set and meet objectives for professional development for self and direct reports
- Understanding of cultural diversity issues
$7,000.00 - $7,500.00 per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.