Welcome to the Hahn School of Nursing. Throughout all our programs, we prepare the next generation of nurse scientists, leaders, advanced clinicians, and informaticists to meet humanity’s most urgent needs—with compassion and with intellectual rigor.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for supervising and managing the overall recruitment strategies and admissions processes for the Hahn School of Nursing with the goal of attracting talented, diverse and qualified applicants. The director establishes recruiting procedures and processes used to contact prospective, accepted and confirmed students; recommends and guides systems enhancements; manages programs and events related to admission; and supervise applicant file preparation, review and coordination of yield initiatives. In addition, the director provides guidance to prospective students about academic programs, scholarships and financial aid, and the admissions process in person and through electronic communication efforts and ensures enrollment goals are met. The director is committed to inclusion and diversity in recruitment and retention efforts and supervises the development and implementation of programs and services to address these issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Admission and Recruitment
- Work with program directors, assistant director of program operations, associate dean and other administrators to administer the review of applicants.
- Meet regularly with program directors, advise faculty and administrators on best practices for admissions, and supervises application review process. Provide program directors and relevant administrators with applicant review protocols and procedures for each academic program.
- Actively participate in campus-wide enrollment management meetings and systems support meetings and collaborations.
- Utilize and oversee systems and technology used in the admissions process including but not limited to the online application system, Nursing CAS, the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce), Cognos reports, Banner and BDMS Xtender.
- Supervise and conduct recruitment activities (on and off campus recruitment fairs and information sessions, graduate school fairs, campus and building tours, electronic communications and social media) for prospective students.
- Assist in identifying and tracking trends in application numbers, applicant characteristics and applicant feedback for each program. Evaluate efforts for recruitment and outreach strategies including conversion and yield communication strategies.
- Establish and maintain yield strategies to maximize enrollment of highly qualified students.
Development of Communication and Marketing Strategy
- In collaboration with the associate dean, assistant director for program operations, and program directors, develop and implement strategies designed to increase the quality and quantity of incoming students.
- Develop and implement comprehensive short term and long term marketing and communications plans to engage individuals and all stages of the applicant life cycle.
- Collaborate with on-campus marketing and contracted agencies as needed to develop web based campaigns, social media, and print sources of promotional materials and messaging.
Advance pluralism, equity, and mutuality in recruitment and retention efforts
- Develop holistic application review to meet the needs of the underrepresented student.
- Ensure marketing materials and information provided to external and internal audiences are culturally appropriate.
- Model commitment to inclusion and diversity in supervisory and leadership style.
Oversee admissions and outreach annual budget and expenditures.
Special Projects as assigned
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: February 1, 2022
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.