The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The executive assistant organizes, manages and coordinates all administrative efforts in support of the College Dean’s Office and academic departments. The EA serves as the primary contact for university personnel, students and parents, and external contacts including the general public. The executive also supports the Associate Dean for Faculty and Curriculum and other College Dean’s Office personnel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
College of Arts & Sciences dean’s office functions
- Provide general office coverage and support Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Answer or direct general inquiries by phone & email
- Greet and direct visitors
- Receive and sort mail
- Coordinate deliveries and technical services
- Order department supplies using university protocols
- Process financial paperwork in applicable university system
- Ensure department facilities are maintained as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Dean’s office projects
- Supports Undergraduate Studies as needed (includes HC, Transfers, Honors letters)
- Support the chair of Academic Assembly
- Support the diversity postdoc committee
- Support the University Curriculum Committee
- Support College Assessment TeamCoordinate College faculty awards
- Support the organization of chairs retreats and other meetings
- Execute internal College events
- Provide administrative support for Honors Convocation
- Organize, execute, and provide administrative support for other events as needed
Supervision of Work Study students
- Supervise work-study student activities
- Approve time cards
- Delegate tasks; provide performance feedback and mentoring
- Advertise positions and hire work-study students, as necessary
Special Conditions of Employment:
Effective June 1, 2023, based on CDC guidance, the University strongly encourages all campus members to stay up to date with Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination recommendations. For more regarding information USD's COVID-19 protocols, please visit sandiego.edu/onward.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.