USD School of Law is one of the 84 law schools elected to the Order of the Coif, a national honor society for law school graduates. The law school's faculty is a strong group of outstanding scholars and teachers with national and international reputations and currently ranks in the top 20% (36th out of 204) among U.S. law schools in scholarly impact according to a 2018 study. The school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. Founded in 1954, the law school is part of the University of San Diego, a private, independent, Roman Catholic university chartered in 1949.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Admissions Coordinator position works as part of a 7 member team. The individual is primarily responsible for the oversight of all internal operations including the processing of applications, imaging and indexing of over 6000 admissions documents annually and serving as back up to the Assistant Director of Admissions.
The position serves as one of 4 admissions staff members that provides counsel to prospective and admitted students. The person coordinates the shipment of materials to recruitment events working with the Assistant Director on managing the general recruitment registration, calendaring and schedule. The coordinator assists with maintenance of the admissions webpage, marketing campaigns and social media accounts. The coordinator will also be responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of law admissions and financial aid processes and for integrating this information into their counseling role.
The Admissions Coordinator provides assistance to the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Diversity Initiatives and Financial Aid in the oversight and projection development of the operating and scholarship budgets. The individual must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with the public in group settings and in an informative and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages Decision and Scholarship Email Letter Generation
- Responsible for processing incomplete and complete applications. Communicating with applicants about missing or incomplete elements of their application.
- Responsible for completing applications and placing them into review for the admissions committee. Working directly with the Assistant Director on ensuring the committee is staying on track during peak file review months.
- Responsible for the admissions fulfillment area which includes running 3000+ decision and scholarship offer emailed letters connected with the 3000 applications.
- Responsible for scholarship offer batched emails can reach $1 million per week during peak times.
- Assists the Assistant Dean with the tracking and analyzing of scholarship offers including yields on original offers, upgrades and scholarship appeals.
Coordinates the marketing campaign of direct mail and email campaigns pieces
- Independently create and coordinate the mailing and emailing of marketing pieces to all admitted students. Ideally the candidate will have some experience with html and the various email communication platforms and tools.
- Responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns to prospective, admitted and waitlisted applicants throughout the admissions cycle. During peak time, batches can reach in excess of 50,000 emails per month.
- Using the various analytics tools employed by the JD Admissions and Financial Aid Office, develops a statistical analysis to evaluate marketing campaign success in conjunction with the Director of Admissions, Diversity Initiatives and Financial Aid. Tracks click-through rates to evaluate which email pieces resonate best with applicants and makes recommendations on marketing development.
Management of internal operations
- Responsible for the oversight of daily imaging and indexing of over 6000 admissions documents (annually). The process requires the use of the Xtender imaging system in coordination with the indexing into UNITE admissions database and financial aid and admissions modules of the Banner system.
- Coordinates with the admissions and financial aid team members to ensure that scholarship award letters are accurately indexed in Banner so award letters reflect scholarship awards.
- Responsible for the statistical analysis of over 400 applicant travel stipend offers and expenditures totaling over $10,000. Makes recommendation on appropriate travel stipend amounts on select groups. Responsible for the processing and timely reimbursement to applicants.
- Maintains the admissions web presence and other social network applications such as the admissions office Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Contribute is required to manage admissions and financial aid web content.
- Assists the Asst. Dean of Admissions, Diversity Initiatives and Financial Aid in the oversight of the operating and scholarship budgets. Monitors monthly expenditures and assists in the reconciliation of monthly expenditures. Track 3 different budget lines and assist in the projection of upcoming expenditures to ensure year-end fiscal stability. Creating and maintaining POETS accounts to ensure proper expense accounting.
- Assist in the coordination law school tours, campus information sessions and campus visits.
- Supervises a group of 3-5 student assistants including training, project assignments, project management and coordination of their schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Student Advising and Recruitment
- Counsel prospective and admitted students on USD Law programs, course offerings and scholarships.
- Serve as one of four recruitment professionals representing USD at over 75+ recruitment events including forums, law days, virtual office hours, pre-law panels in person and virtually.
- Communicate with prospective and admitted students by phone and through e-mail.
- Counsel prospective and admitted applicants as well as enrolled students on financial aid programs and processes.
- Assist in the coordination of campus events such as Campus Visit Days, Alumni-Admitted Student Receptions, Admitted Student Summer Workshop, etc.
- Assist current students with basic financial aid questions, including but not limited to award packages, disbursements, refunds, and budget adjustments.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- B.A./B.S. degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an admissions or other student service-related department.
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn and work with technology; specifically word processing environments, internet navigation, databases, and e-mail correspondence
- Must be detail oriented in all aspects of their job.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to work and travel – including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks effectively.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. Able to work with other department staff and supervisors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible to accommodate heavy workload demands.
- Proficient in MS Office software specifically Word and Excel.
- Preferred knowledge of admission and financial aid information and procedures.
- Preferred knowledge of Workday, Xtender Imaging Solution, Banner Student System and UNITE, Microsoft Contribute, Blue Hornet, Salesforce, or other mass-email solution.
$28.66 - $28.67 per hour; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.