Administrative Assistant I
Posting #: 3933
Position Status: Part-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Staff, School of Leadership and Education Sciences
Position Title & Department:
|Child Development Center Administrative Assistant; Manchester Family Child Development Center
Developing unique capabilities in all young children by bridging family, school and community to nourish curiosity and collaborate in discovery of knowledge in a warm, inclusive environment.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The administrative assistant organizes, manages and coordinates all administrative efforts in support of the Manchester Family Child Development Center (MFCDC). The administrative assistant serves in the capacity of general office management for the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for the Director and teaching staff
- Help with meal preparation, service and clean up
- Maintain volunteer, child and student records in accordance with university and state licensing requirements
- Staffs the front desk of the Center
- Assist Director with inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and materials
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks including inputting data on a computer terminal; filing; copying; running errands; answering phones; and other duties as assigned
- Provide general information to prospective clients
- Greet parents, visitors, students, and other guests at the Center. Checks-in, issues badges, and monitors all adults in the building.
- Maintains a clean and neat reception area and other common spaces
- Assist in the coordination of multiple events, including graduation and parent orientation
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- FBI, DOB, and Child Abuse Index fingerprint clearance
- TB clearance, current Health Screening and up to date immunizations
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Requires HS Diploma
- 2 - 3 years of work experience with progressively responsible administrative support experience.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office desktop publishing and web maintenance programs
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Prior experience in early education environment a plus.
- Prior experience in higher education environment a plus
Performance Expectations, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in an environment with a consistently moderate level of noise.
- Work independently on tasks with minimal supervision and direction.
- Must be able to assess, prioritize and effectively respond to emerging situations with children and families
- Must be able to adjust quickly and regularly to new personnel and responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written English.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and trust, due to sensitive and confidential information communicated on children and families in the USD community.
- Must represent the university, the school and the unit well
- Must be able to effectively prioritize workload, and have demonstrated experience using organizational skills.
Commensurate with experience; Medical and Retirement Benefited
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical and a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing date: November 1, 2021
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend