Position Title & Department:
| Administrative Assistant II; Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate
The Burnham-Moores Center offers a dedicated team of career services professionals who help students assess their personal strengths to determine the best career direction and opportunities within the real estate industry and matches students with professionals in their specific area of interest. The center’s career assessment program helps students map out their ideal real estate path and provides a full range of career services, including mentorships, internships, career counseling and an annual Real Estate Career Expo to serve students, alumni and employers.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
This is a full-time, temporary, benefits based position with an anticipated end date of June 19, 2022. This position provides administrative support to faculty, the real estate department, and other employees in the Burnham Moores Center for Real Estate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and provide excellent customer service to our visitors, faculty, students, alumni and staff by assisting them with their inquiries
- Conduct research using Internet and databases
- Schedule meetings, round tables for professors which include searching room availability, ordering food and preparing name badges, prepare agenda and instructions on campus access, send invites, arrange parking for guests, etc.
- Assist others in the real estate department and on the BMC team as needed including help with BMC events (prep and the actual event), scholarships and alumni support.
- Prepare calendar of real estate undergrad classes & MSRE classes for distribution to team
Real Estate Faculty Support
- Assist professors with drafting correspondence, including preparing Power Point presentations, updating information in various excel files and databases (Digital Measures), assist with gathering information from professors for social media, press releases and newsletter
- Assisting with administration of Center related websites utilized by the faculty to serve the students and industry
- Coordinate Professor's travel and accommodation reimbursements
- Coordinate access to Costar for students and faculty
- Distribute class evaluation forms to professors with instructions and write emails or attend class to ensure the integrity of the process
MS in Real Estate Support
- Support MSRE recruitment by creating class visit calendars, updating news subscriptions for prospective students, tracking application progress, helping with events as needed, assist with data cleanup and maintaining reports as needed, etc.
- Provide support to MSRE students by assisting with orientation and graduation, sending out a weekly newsletters, processing reimbursements, etc.
Real Estate Career Services Support
- Assist with updating Salesforce for mentor and speaker volunteers in Salesforce
- Assist with ordering and preparing invoices for McQuaig assessments
- Assist with maintaining all master reports relating to McQuaig, internship and employment data, career events
- Assist with creation of mass email using Wix and Canva
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of administrative assistant experience
OR HS Diploma and 3 years administrative assistant experience
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Basic level Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Familiar with WORDPRESS for website administration
- Friendly disposition
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented and excellent organization skills
- Strong writing skills and able to draft correspondence
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Computer, printer, scanner, fax machine, telephone, and general office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.