The University seeks an individual with a strong interest in working in a mission-driven, faith-based institution. The role of custodian in working with the campus community and responsibilities of the position are significantly tethered in the university’s contemporary Roman Catholic mission. The Custodian is responsible for the cleaning, sanitation, maintenance, and security of assigned food service areas. Periodically, this position may be asked to lead or contribute to either ad hoc or ongoing division/campus projects outside the scope of their day-to-day activities. In addition. This position contributes to or leads additional division/campus projects outside of typical duties to help further accomplish student or organizational goals. Additional assignments may be seasonal, ad hoc, or ongoing, depending on the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for regular cleaning and maintenance of all assigned areas and equipment.
• Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all pots, pans and dishes.
• Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all employee restroom areas
• Empties trash, replace liners, clean trash receptacles and lids as needed.
• Breaks down and disposes of all boxes and containers in appropriate disposal site; recycles empty cans and bottles.
• Maintains assigned floor areas, including underneath and behind all equipment as well as adjacent hallway areas.
• Cleans and maintains dock areas and elevator doors and floors.
• Cleans and maintains custodial closet.
• Cleans and maintains custodial equipment (vacuum, buffer, mops, broom, etc.).
• Scrubs and replaces floor mats.
• Cleans and sanitizes floor sinks.
• Maintains walls, windows and fixtures in all assigned areas.
• Cleans and maintains all furniture.
• Cleans, polishes and maintains stainless steel and glass surfaces.
• Cleans and maintains employee locker rooms.
• Maintains Hazmat labeling on all cleaning products
• Cleans related work office areas
• Cleans and maintains all walk-ins.
• Cleans and maintains back of the house areas in the Deli, Bakery, and as needed in the JCP concessions, this includes the floors, walls, countertops, refrigerators, utensils, cooktops, etc., as assigned.
Responsible for deep cleaning projects as assigned
• Cleans portable warmers and kitchen racks.
• Cleans all gaskets in walk-ins, freezers, and warmers.
• Cleans fans in office areas and fan covers in walk-ins.
• Washes utensil drawers.
• Polishes floors.
• Cleans gas cart and cover as well as van interior.
• Cleans refrigerators and shelving.
• Cleans host kitchens as necessary.
• Assists with and preforms event setups and cleanups as requested.
• Helps cooks with kitchen prep as requested.
• Reports necessary equipment needs and repairs to supervisor promptly.
• Understands and follows University and Dining Services policies
• Implements and maintains proper sanitation and safety standards in the workplace at all times.
• Will drive vehicle/truck as needed for special events.