1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Two years of work within Residential Education providing student support and conflict management required.
3. Two years of progressively responsible office experience including minimum of one year working with billing and/or data base software programs.
1. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office or XP and all its applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Power Point required), Web-Browsers, Microsoft Outlook (or similar email software)
3. Knowledge and understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and functions; familiarity with POETS coding, Oracle and/or Noetix software preferred
4. Experience with StarRez and Banner preferred
5. Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and to exercise independent judgment
6. Ability to appreciate and actively support the mission and goals of the University
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to manage multiple tasks with distractions in busy customer service environment
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with various University constituents including parents, students, administrators, staff, and outside vendors utilizing tact and diplomacy; must be able to deal effectively and diplomatically with college age students of diverse backgrounds; sensitive of personalities/needs/attitudes
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills plus attention to detail
4. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
5. Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy using independent judgment, as well as initiate, coordinate, oversee and complete various projects with minimal supervision according to set deadlines
6. Be resourceful and possess problem-solving skills
7. Listen and respond in caring, tactful, and professional manner to customers who may be frustrated or upset while trying to provide resolutions that address their concerns
8. Knowledge of and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding student information per the FERPA/the Buckley Amendment
9. Excellent skills in the use of tools and equipment listed below
Special Conditions of Employment:
The employee will be expected to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends for peak demand times (e.g. room selections, billings, and move-ins)
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.