In collaboration with the University Ministry Team, the Associate University Minister is responsible for outreach and ministry to USD undergraduate and graduate students and the provision of pastoral care which reflects and fosters the Catholic mission and identity of the university. The incumbent is responsible for collaborating with the University Ministry Team and colleagues across campus to implement faith formation programs, facilitate service experiences, foster the spiritual enrichment of university community members, and promote ecumenical outreach. Supervision received from the Assistant Vice President and Director of University Minister.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. In collaboration with the University Ministry Team, assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of retreats and other reflective activities and programs.
2. Assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of service and social justice events; facilitate reflection programs and activities designed to maximize the impact of those events and which incorporate the principles of Catholic Social Thought.
3. In collaboration with the University Ministry Team, assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of faith formation activities including formal Sacramental preparation programs as well as creative and developmentally appropriate catechetical programs.
4. In collaboration with the University Ministry Team, assist with the planning and facilitation of a variety of liturgical celebrations, including the weekly Sunday evening liturgies, regularly occurring University-wide liturgies, as well as liturgies and periods of prayer which are a component of retreats, immersion experiences, or other programs.
5. Utilize social media and other emerging technologies to assist and support evanalegization efforts and invite students to participate in University Ministry events.
6. Advise, counsel and mentor students; be available for pastoral care and spiritual companioning.
7. Serve on University Ministry committees and task forces; collaborate with other UM staff on other programs; serve on university committees as assigned.