Position Title & Department:
| Gift Coordinator; Advancement Services Support
The Advancement Services department operates within the University Advancement division and is responsible for processing, recording and maintaining all gifts and gift documentation directed to the university.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Gift/Pledge Batching and Reporting
- Sort and group gifts received by mail and in person following intake best practices.
- Record gifts received into the Gift Tracking Log and prepare daily gift batch report.
- Process all philanthropic credit card transactions received from across campus and via the mail.
- Track and log all cash donations into the cash tracking system.
- Prepare the daily deposit report and email all deposit related information to the Office of the Controller.
- Serve as the main contact for receipt production, including generating, reviewing, and mailing gift receipts.
Gift/Pledge Processing and Receipting
- Prepare, review, and process gifts and pledges into the university’s CRM database system from a number of different sources and payment methods.
- Complete all tasks associated with electronically batched gift entry to ensure timely and accurate charitable receipts and donor stewardship.
- Verify and update biographical and demographic information in the donor database.
- Accurately complete documented steps to record complex transactions such as pledges, planned gifts, in-kind and stock gifts, and matching payment transactions.
- Analyze gift documentation to determine legal donor, gift category, appropriate fund and gift eligibility.
- Coordinate with prospect managers and development officers on pledge applications, carefully disseminating what is appropriate in each instance.
- Scan, index, and upload supporting gift and pledge documentation into CRM system using the document imaging system.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times; uphold departmental and institutional policies regarding confidential information.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the department.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Requires high school or a high school equivalency diploma.
- Two years of data entry experience with an emphasis on fluctuating heavy workloads.
- Experience working with a variety of office and computer equipment, particularly in a Windows environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient with new technology and CRM database systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required as well as exceptional critical listening and thinking skills.
- Must exhibit attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess good judgment, tact, sensitivity, and discretion in handling confidential materials and situations.
- Mature interpersonal skills to interact closely with database users; excellent customer service skills.
- Commitment to working as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Cultural competency and sensitivity a must; ability to understand different cultural contexts and viewpoints, demonstrate respect for others, adapt to different cultural settings; and accept cultural differences.
- Must be able to work independently, taking initiative and setting priorities in a dynamic environment of regular interruptions.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of time and frequent requests from multiple sources each having their own timelines and constraints and with all levels of administrative staff.
- Comfortable knowledge of computers with an emphasis on relational databases; ability to search and match documents with one another using various criteria.
- Accurate typing and proofreading skills; ability to compute and post numbers rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity and adherence to standards.
- Knowledge of USD policies and procedures, and University Advancement’s organizational structure and areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of ethics statements by Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and other related associations is preferred.
- Must be friendly and personable.
Tools and Equipment:
- Desktop/laptop computer, database systems and enterprise platforms (Ellucian Advance™, FPM, Banner, Accurint, Xtender, Cognos, Workday), Microsoft Office and Google applications, Wells Fargo Desktop Deposit, Zoom, telephone, scanner, printer, copier, and other related office equipment.
$20.44 - $21.58 per hour; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The range provided in this job posting is the full range of the position grade and not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be offered or earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.