The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Demonstrates independent judgment and resourcefulness to develop, plan and execute various athletics development initiatives. Represents the athletics development office to trustees, donors, volunteers and constituents as appropriate. Responsible for athletics development events. Responsible for the coordination and collaboration of our annual fund solicitation, benefit fulfillment and stewardship. Coordinates athletic constituent email communication for development, marketing and communications offices.
Contributes in all aspects of athletics development including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni, parents and friends of the University – including, but not limited to major gifts, capital gifts and special projects, including events.
Develop, plan and execute athletics development events
- Coordinate events – logistics, invitation coordination, communication/registration set up, tracking of attendance, selection of venue, agenda of events, staffing, on-site event lead.
- Manage volunteers and select event committee members
- Hospitality coordinator for football, men’s basketball and other select sports
- Plan and execute two annual Executive Cabinet events
- Liaison with University Advancement on joint events
- Prepares annual fund solicitation outreach efforts – general fund and sport specific giving, including letters, phone call and digital campaigns in coordination with central annual giving office.
- Creation of annual fund solicitation and communication calendar.
- Prepares acknowledgement and appropriate recognition of annual gifts, major gifts and capital gifts including fulfillment of benefits.
- Coordinates Athletics’ participation in Torero Tuesday (giving day)
- Maintains Executive Cabinet membership database, prepares informational and solicitation packets, fulfills benefits and assists with exclusive Executive Cabinet events and SWAG distribution
- Through research, keeps the Senior Associate Athletics Director apprised of accomplishments and milestones of the Executive Cabinet, major gift donors and major gift prospects.
- Prepares and tracks all donation pledges to athletics
- Assist with the re-launch of the Torero Scholar-Athlete Fund and Sport Specific Giving programs with direction of Senior Associate Athletics Director
- Season parking passes for football and men’s basketball
- Suite/courtside passes for football and basketball
- Researches donor identification for Information Management
- Coordinates with University Advancement in producing collateral material for all athletics capital projects
- Assist with USD Athletics sponsorship partners’ stewardship and asset fulfillment
Maintains constituent records
- Processes information changes through Information Management.
- Maintains proper constituent relationship and codes for Athletics.
- Defines, extracts and produces various donors/alumni/prospects lists in several formats from USD database.
- Provides telephone, computer and general support for the Athletic Development office.
- Initiate purchase requisitions, check requests, budget transfers.
- Researches and recommends equipment purchases to Senior Associate Athletics Director.
- Takes notes and follows up with assignments as necessary.
Other Athletics Administration duties
- Assist business/budget, compliance, facilities/events, academics, marketing and communications office on administrative projects
Special Conditions of Employment:
Must work at all major fundraising events, will be required to work overtime at night and/or weekends.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle several major projects simultaneously
- Clear, concise writing skills using proper English grammar, punctuation and spelling; strong note taking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and work with a broad range of people using tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Must display initiative and the ability to meet deadlines without supervision
- Must possess flexibility and versatility – able to perform in new, changing, or pressure situations
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students and employees as required by University policy and the Buckley Amendment
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding constituents, volunteers, and donors
- Must have ability to work well with all levels of USD constituents (alumni, trustees, San Diego community members)
Commensurate with experience ; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits