Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Posting #: 3796
Position Status: Faculty, Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Faculty, College of Arts and Sciences
Position Title & Department:
| Assistant Professor, Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics strives to create a mathematics community where everyone is welcome. We are committed to creating an environment that supports and fosters teacher-scholars, which includes an expectation of excellence in teaching, maintaining an active scholarly agenda, contributing through service, and supporting the mission of the University. We are especially interested in candidates who are invested in or have experience with inclusive pedagogy that supports student success in and enjoyment of mathematics.
The University of San Diego, an independent Catholic University, seeks applicants for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in the Department of Mathematics to begin September 2022. The standard teaching load is 3 undergraduate courses per semester, with the potential for a reduction from internal or external research grants. This year, the University is hiring around three cluster themes and we are looking for candidates whose research, pedagogy, and/or community engagement approaches are strongly related to at least one of the themes listed below:
- Climate Change & Environmental Justice
- Technology & the Human Experience
- Borders & Social Justice
Cluster cohorts will have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues. More information can be found here.
Successful candidates will:
- hold an advanced degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, mathematics education, or a related field. ABD candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and research, mentoring undergraduates, and fostering a climate of inclusion and diversity.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload the following by November 15, 2021:
- Letter of application, including reference to the cluster(s) of interest and a brief statement explaining how your work aligns with the cluster(s).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Teaching Statement, along with a sample syllabus.
- Research Statement, along with a sample of scholarly work.
- Diversity statement, in which you address:
Contact information for three references, at least one of which should address teaching.
- your values with respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- your plans related to diversity and inclusion in your teaching and research.
- your experience working with minoritized populations and/or on issues that disproportionately affect diverse populations.
As of this posting, we plan to conduct interviews at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in January 2022.
Inquiries can be directed to Prof. Satyan Devadoss at email@example.com.
If you have any technical questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of San Diego is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, covered veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristic protected by federal or state law. USD offers same sex domestic partner benefits.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend