Position Title & Department:
| Warehouse Worker; Facilities Management
The mission of the University of San Diego Facilities Management Department is to efficiently operate, maintain, and support the development of quality facilities, grounds, and services, and at the same time to support our campus community, students, faculty, and staff. Through our efforts we support the university's commitment to pursuing truth, academic excellence, and the advancement of knowledge.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Warehouse worker will provide support to internal and external customers. Typical routine duties include, but are not limited to issuing, stocking, ordering, and receiving expendable cleaning, building maintenance, grounds maintenance and transportation supplies. Performs various duties requiring moderate physical strength. May perform the repair and maintenance of equipment used in the facilities field. Test and evaluate new products. Initiates orders using Computer Maintenance purchasing software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and receive, stock, and issue expendable supplies to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing order in delivery area
- Label all incoming and/or outgoing supplies with the appropriate M.S.D.S label.
- Perform weekly visual inventories to insure quality control
- Maintain clean and safe working environment
- Continue to use the latest technology to manage work such as TMA and radios.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cleaning equipment.
- Maintains good working relationships with the University community and adheres to all policies and procedures
- Preserves safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work station neat
- Monitors annual supply budget in coordination with supervisor
- Seeks out competitive bids for products.
- Creates sales receipts and TMA Purchase Orders (TPO)
- Responsible for loss prevention
- Support other departments with routine cleaning
- Support Residential Summer Conference
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a full understanding of the Hazardous Communication Program and the information contained in the Material Safety Data Sheets and all Warning Labels for the cleaning chemicals that are being used.
- Consistently follow safety practices appropriate to the trade and comply with rules and regulations established by the University, state and federal agencies.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Job hours and/or workday schedule may be adjusted when necessary to meet commitments.
- Employee is required to wear a uniform.
- Employee is required to drive University vehicles, so must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Employee may be required to work overtime and weekend as needed.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Related work experience preferred but not required.
- 1 to 3 years of related job experience and demonstrated proficiency in warehousing.
- Ability to operate Forklift and provide certification.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate computer and software necessary for inventory management
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Must be able to follow and issue oral and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to complete forms and conduct inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Must have the manual dexterity and the ability to learn and repair all types of mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain good working relations with students, faculty, and staff, and to adhere to all University policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work alone and without close supervision.
- Ability to operate manual and electric pallet jack.
$17.46 - $21.57 per hour; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The range provided in this job posting is the full range of the position grade and not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be offered or earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
|Special Application Instructions:
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.