Position Title & Department:
| Operations and AV Coordinator; Provost
The University of San Diego, with its college and six schools, distinctive academic centers and institutes, proximity to Asia and Latin America, and commitment to Catholic traditions, offers students a unique educational experience. A USD education is characterized by academic rigor in its undergraduate and graduate programs offering transformative opportunities through student/faculty research, global experiences, community service learning and internships that develops the knowledge, values and skills needed to serve the global, civic and faith communities.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies (KIPJ), Learning Commons (LC) Camino Hall (CH) facilities and Casa de La Paz (CDLP) including all offices, classrooms, meeting rooms, overnight guest rooms, and public spaces, are welcoming and engaging for our diverse campus community and guests. Oversee and coordinate daily operations including but not limited to, managing staff, scheduling of space, the coordination and execution conferences, events, guest overnights, use of classrooms, the set-up, operation and troubleshooting audiovisual equipment, maintenance, and safety. Ensure the highest level of customer service. Exercise independent judgment and initiative in bringing information opportunities or challenges to the Director’s attention. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for facility opening, closing and emergency evacuation procedures, and compliance with University and state rules and regulations regarding safety of building personnel and guests. Represent the University of San Diego while working with the campus community and the local, national, corporate, legal and non-profit communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Daily Operations and Events
- Coordinate logistics and support for all conferences, events, guest overnights and use of classrooms.
- Conduct pre-event logistical planning of event and overnight guest related services provided by the unit, other campus service providers and outside sources.
- Daily execution of all events and activities from set-up to strike.
- Serve as client point of contact throughout event, coordinating services, managing transitions, directing staff.
- Ensures the smooth flow of each event including any potential conflicts between multiple events occurring at the same time.
- Conduct room set-up including but not limited to furniture and audiovisual equipment, operate and troubleshoot audiovisual and other equipment, and provide occasional custodial service as necessary.
- Utilize event management and room diagram software and update regularly to reflect changes in services or equipment provided.
- Conduct post event follow-up with clients to express appreciation, solicit feedback to improve services and discuss repeat or potential future business.
- Coordinate service requests including campus services such as catering, parking, tram, etc., and outside sources, ensuring all services are provided in a timely manner and meet the standards of delivery established by Operations unit.
- Assist faculty and staff in the planning, coordination and execution of conferences, events and guest overnights. As needed meet with faculty and staff to schedule space, site event, determine services required prior to and leading up to the event. Participate in post event assessment and make recommendations for future planning.
- Support the scheduling, use and maintenance of classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces.
- Provide care, upkeep and troubleshoot audiovisual and other equipment and furnishings, and coordinate repairs.
- Ensure the four-unit Casa de la Paz guest residence is maintained and ready to receive guests.
- Proactively monitor the facilities to ensure it is clean, orderly and comfortable for staff and guests.
- Make routine checks of all interior and exterior spaces. Take necessary action to address any problems. Make recommendations to the Director on improvements to the facility and functionality.
- Take a lead role in emergency and evacuation management.
- Conduct annual inventory of all event space and resources including furniture, audiovisual and other equipment, linens bedding, etc.
- Make recommendations to the Director on new or replacement equipment, furniture, supplies and other purchases.
- Prospect for new external event business and conduct site inspections for potential clients.
- Attend campus scheduling and other meetings.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Assist with recruiting, training, scheduling and supervising Operations unit staff, temporary staff, work-study and other student staff, in the daily operation of the facility and the coordination and execution of all events.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to review upcoming activities, discuss past events and solicit feedback on how to improve service or delivery.
Special Conditions of Employment:
This person must be flexible and willing to work a demanding schedule that often requires early morning or late evening and weekend hours, changes on a weekly basis, and may require overtime. They must able be able and willing to perform duties of subordinates or others as needed and or dictated by the requirements of scheduled activities. They may be contacted during non-scheduled time to assist with challenging or emergency situations. Must be able to lift and move furniture up to 50 lbs.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- A minimum of two years of related event coordination experience in a college or university setting, hotel conference center or similar environment.
- A minimum of one year of demonstrated managerial/supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the set-up, operation and troubleshooting of audiovisual equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an ability to use EMS or equivalent reservation software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and flexibility, with a desire to provide superior customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent work experience. Hospitality, Tourism or other related field preferred.
- Audiovisual technical experience including support and training for Creston, AMX, video and audio switching equipment, LCD projectors, lighting, live streaming, and wireless sound strongly preferred.
- Experience with room diagramming software preferred.
- Event/venue sales experience preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have the ability to work well in a diverse environment with diverse personalities.
- Able and willing to represent the University, the Kroc School and the Operations and Events office in a positive manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff, students, clients and the public.
- Ability to lead teams, work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision, assume responsibility, and effectively deal with problems.
- Ability to work cooperatively not under her/his direct supervision.
- This person must enjoy contact with the public, be skilled at problem solving, and possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
- Possess tact, poise and diplomacy with a diverse population in a demanding environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when making decisions and handle confidential information.
- Ability to reason logically, draws valid conclusions and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends depending on the event schedule.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills in order to prioritize work for self and staff, with the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to anticipate and recognize problems, issues and opportunities as they arise and advise staff and internal and external clients appropriately.
- Knowledge of, and or ability, to comprehend and interpret university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to operate a PC in a Windows environment.
- Experience using Microsoft software including Word, Excel and Outlook for calendaring and email.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.