Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Posting #: 4155
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Administrator, Athletics
Position Title & Department:
| Director of Men's Basketball Operations; Athletics
As part of the University of San Diego, a Roman Catholic University, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to advancing academic and athletic excellence and enhancing students' lives while promoting the University of San Diego.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Coordinates all operational aspects of the NCAA Division I men’s basketball program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel – Coordinates all team travel arrangements, including air travel, hotel, meals, and ground transportation.
- Equipment – Work with the equipment manager and assistant coach to order and maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Meals – Coordinates all pre- and post-game team meals.
- Study table – Works as a liaison with the coordinator of athletic academic support and communicates with the head coach to ensure that the team’s mandatory study table hours are achieved.
- Camps – Directs individual camp and assists with team camp in coordination with the Assistant Director of Camps.
- Game schedules – Assists in preparing schedules
- On-campus recruiting – Works with coaching staff on all recruiting activities on campus.
- Official visits – Coordinates all arrangements for official visits, including travel and visit itineraries.
- Video exchange – Provide video of as many scheduled opponents as possible. Respond to video requests from other programs when appropriate. Send requests for conference video exchange. Arrange for game videos to be dubbed after home contests.
- Community outreach – Work with the coordinator of student-athlete services to engage the student-athletes in meaningful community outreach.
- Marketing and fundraising – Coordinate activities with the athletic development and marketing office.
- On-court managerial responsibilities – As assigned by coaching staff.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of the game required; college playing experience preferred.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, members of the University community, San Diego community, and all media.
- Possess excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to understand the goals and responsibilities of a successful athletic program at the NCAA Division I level.
- Represent the University in a professional and responsible manner; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adherence to and appreciation for NCAA/conference/league regulations and ability to instill those values in students.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California driver’s license required within six weeks of hire date.
- CPR/first aid certification required within six weeks of hire date.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend