Position Title & Department:
| Administrative Assistant II; Continuing Education
The University of San Diego's Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) offers a robust portfolio of courses and programs needed by aspiring professionals that evolves in response to their professional development in the fields of business, education, and health care.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The administrative assistant for the Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) at the University of San Diego serves in the capacity of general office management for the department, creating and maintaining various databases, making travel arrangements, coordinating special events, preparing and submitting expense reports, and taking/producing minutes. Provides administrative support to the Associate Provost of Professional and Continuing Education, senior director, and department directors, including technical word processing, photocopying, transcription, mail distribution, answering telephones, taking messages, running errands, scheduling meetings, and acting as liaison between staff and students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates, compiles and maintains PCE phone directory, maintains approved supply list.
- Makes travel arrangements for Associate Provost and PCE Directors as needed.
- Coordinates various departmental events, including:
- Scheduling director, budget, and operational meetings for PCE directors.
- Supervising services; i.e. catering, AV and other technology as needed for PCE events or meetings.
- Work within budgetary constraints as provided by PCE Director of Finance.
- Prepares check requests for signature of Associate Provost.
- Publication and distribution of flyers and posters for internal PCE events.
- Schedules auxiliary and computer classrooms using university scheduling system.
- Acts as coordinator to service departments
- Makes maintenance requests to Facilities Management, Telecommunications, etc.
- Coordinates copy machine maintenance and repair.
- Serves as telephone and office receptionist.
- Answers several incoming lines.
- Takes messages.
- Gives information, directions and/or instructions.
- Greets visitors.
- Books conference room spaces.
- Arranges appointments for PCE Associate Provost and Directors.
- Receives, sorts, distributes, and sends mail and e-mail.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains monthly supply order requests.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation reports at request of PCE Administrators.
- Requires HS Diploma and minimum two years general office experience.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 and all its applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Customer service experience.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a personal computer and MS Office 2010.
- Ability to operate a photocopier and facsimile machine.
- Ability to compose letters and/or memoranda in English.
- Ability to use a 10 key calculator.
- Ability to file numerically, alphabetically, and alpha-numerically.
- Ability to answer several incoming telephone lines.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience using organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in both written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of department and university procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Computer, printers, telephone, fax, photocopy and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.