Position Title & Department:
| Program Assistant, Online Degree Programs; Continuing Education
The University of San Diego's Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) offers a robust portfolio of courses and programs needed by aspiring professionals that evolves in response to their professional development in the fields of business, education, and health care.
PCE nurtures key partnerships on the local, national and international level to better serve working professionals who seek to enhance or build their careers, as well as with their employers to help achieve their highest value and potential.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to all individuals seeking information and assistance with degree programs offered through Professional and Continuing Education and partner schools. This position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment. The Program Assistant must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks, requests, and web-based information tools in a calm and effective manner. This position requires a detail-oriented, independent worker who has the ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment. The Program Assistant must have excellent customer service, execution, organizational and communication skills. Proven ability using computers for business applications, including word-processing, spreadsheets, data management and administrative systems software. Customer/student support experience preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative support for all degree programs:
- Create Course Reference Numbers every semester.
- Request Blackboard shells.
- Create and maintain faculty assignment sheets.
- Collect textbook information and create textbook lists.
- Set up term and refund schedules each semester.
- Update Student Success Center (SSC) information each semester.
- Update academic calendars.
- Update all registration and commencement communications.
- Follow up with students on balances/manage revenue report.
- Process discount requests.
- Support management of internal CRM system and all items pertaining to students and alumni.
- Request, pick up and mail student ID cards and other student items.
- Enroll students in organizations and support overall onboarding of new students each semester.
- Create itemized statements and fee schedules for students when requested.
- Manage student deferral and account hold processes.
- Manage email and text communications to students.
- Check final grades and generate academic standing letters for signature.
2. General Duties (as needed) :
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience in customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet and data management.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively support student and faculty requests in collaboration with Program Coordinators.
- Service administrative student requests related to all aspects of a student’s lifecycle (registration, drops, withdrawals, and LOAs).
- Manages multiple requests from a variety of communications channels.
- Maintains high levels of efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail when using data systems and data formats.
- Develop a working knowledge of and management of student enrollment system(s) and internal CRM.
- Collaborate and support other team members in assigned area.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer/PC, telephone, fax machine, copier, web-based student information, and web-based customer relationship systems
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.