The Director of Brand Marketing and Creative has the primary responsibility for establishing, integrating and managing the brand of the USD School of Business, enhancing the reputation, promotion and visibility of the School to national and international audiences, and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals in achieving the school’s goals and objectives.
The Director works closely with the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment, the School’s Centers of Distinction on strategies that position and promote the School, its initiatives, students, alumni, programs and centers and with University Marketing and Communications. The Director is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and enforcing the USD School of Business’ visual identity standards, brand toolkits and messaging platforms USD’s visual identity standards, brand toolkits and messaging platforms within the School of Business.
The Director assists the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment in developing and executing large School of Business brand marketing campaigns as well as lead generation strategies for the school’s academic programs. The Director also provides support for dean communications, fundraising and special campaign materials, donor proposals, centers collateral, and special events programming, including print, video, email, social media, and talking points or scripting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Establish, Integrate and Manage the School of Business Brand and Creative Strategy:
● Lead, develop and implement a School of Business brand guide for messaging, content consistency and branding standards.
● Develop brand marketing priorities, ensuring that all campaigns, new programs or initiatives launches are well-marketed to our target consumers in all prioritized channels and markets.
● Articulate and document School of Business positioning, brand promise and associated value propositions for all SB stakeholders (current and prospective) for both the SB and individual programs within the SB.
● Central source of expertise and advice on brand related activities.
● Guide the design and review of all print collateral materials, website stories, press releases, email communications, webpages design, etc. to ensure USD and the School of Business brand standards are applied.
● Ensure brand consistency and alignment across the School’s programs and initiatives.
● Oversee production of all brand photoshoots and videos; also supervise the website redesigns and website maintenance/continuous growth and content developed.
● Create and execute creative and high impact marketing initiatives to enhance the visibility and reputation of the School of Business brand.
● Exercise skill, storytelling, and creativity to bring new School of Business initiatives to life while ensuring alignment with the overall brand.
● Lead a highly functional School of Business marketing team that supports, manages and oversees collateral development, video production, website development, media relations, website development, etc. for the School’s centers and institutes, as well as high-level events, fundraising campaigns, alumni outreach and more.
School of Business Visibility and Reputation Management:
● Serve as the primary point of contact for the development and execution of media plans associated with the School of Business brand marketing plan.
● Serve as the liaison to internal team members as well as external consultants, firms or vendors who are executing elements of the School of Business overall brand marketing plan and PR strategy.
● Assist the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Recruitment in executing and revising program specific lead generation marketing campaigns.
● Collaborate with other members of the University Marketing and Communications team, University Advancement colleagues, and members of the campus community to increase the visibility of School of Business strategic initiatives, thought leadership, new programs and student/alumni success.
● Provide support for dean level communications.
● Oversee School of Business PR strategy and measurement along with agency partners.
● Track and use data to evaluate the success of brand initiatives and leverage these insights to inform future strategy.
Market Analysis, Campaigns Performance Tracking and Analytics:
● Establish metrics and measure brand campaigns effectiveness, media reach, website traffic and lead conversions, SEO performance, social media exposure and other KPIs.
● Benchmark brand’s campaigns performance and track results.
● Oversee periodical brand refresh, validating brand positioning, target consumers, and competitive set as a result of thorough performance analysis and market trends.
● Ensure the completion of market analysis and monitors the competitive landscape to ensure the competitive advantage and differentiated positioning of the School of Business brand and its programs.
●Other duties as assigned.