Assistant Budget Analyst
Posting #: 2823
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Finance, Staff
Position Title & Department:
| Assistant Budget Analyst; Budget
The Budget Office supports the university’s fiscal discipline through the development of operating budgets and financial plans that align with the institution’s mission and strategic direction.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Provides budget, fiscal, and administration support through direct support of the Budget Director. Creates format and process for preparing multiple financial monitoring reports. Performs ad hoc analysis as needed. Provides data analysis utilizing historical data and current information and prepares future scenarios for consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains resource management templates that track revenue, and restricted and endowment funds available to schools and divisions, which are then used in the annual budgeting process.
- Develops, maintains and publishes monthly, quarterly and annual models and reports to monitor budget performance.
- Reports to senior Finance-division management on budget trends and areas of concern.
- Complies and analyzes complex financial data.
- Works closely with division budget administrators to analyze budget trends, deficits and surpluses, and to resolve issues.
- Prepares Journal Entries, deposit forms and purchase requisitions as needed.
- Performs ad hoc financial analyses and projects as assigned using Oracle Financial System, Noetix reporting system and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Requires undergraduate degree in business administration or finance plus 3 years of financial planning and analysis experience OR high school degree plus 2 additional years of FP&A experience OR MBA with 1 year of FP&A experience.
Undergraduate degree in business administration or finance plus 3 years of financial planning and analysis experience.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative and effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to handle confidential information and exhibit good judgment.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel (via university testing by HR)
- Ability to be proactive with respect to suggestions for improving all aspects of the financial monitoring and reporting processes.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Personal computer, including spreadsheet and word-processing applications, email and internet, 10-keycalculator, copy machine, telephone and fax machine.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$28-30 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend