• Two year college degree or comparable course study and/or relevant certification.
• At least three years payroll experience, preferably working in a large organization.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
• CPP preferred.
• Oracle and/or Workday experience a plus.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Demonstrated experience using organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and adjust workflow as needed.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet payroll deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and computerized payroll systems.
• Flexibility to willingness to learn and adapt to processes, procedures and new administrative information systems.
• Ability to operate a photocopier, facsimile machines.
• Ability to operate a 10 key calculator by touch.
• Ability to file numerically, alphabetically, and alpha-numerically.
• Ability to handle several incoming telephone lines.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, electronic 10-key calculator, other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.