The University of San Diego's Division of Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) offers a robust portfolio of courses and programs needed by aspiring professionals that evolves in response to their professional development in the fields of business, education, and health care.
PCE nurtures key partnerships on the local, national and international level to better serve working professionals who seek to enhance or build their careers, as well as with their employers to help achieve their highest value and potential. With University of San Diego faculty and expert practitioners, we create educational opportunities and programs that students need to:
- Improve performance with new skills and knowledge
- Advance in their careers and open doors to new opportunities
- Make positive, meaningful change in their organizations and communities
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
This is a part-time, temporary, medical and retirement-benefit based (BMR) position with an anticipated assignment end date of June 21, 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process daily enrollments, student course requests and transcript requests
- Enrolls or assists students to enroll in PCE courses via telephone, and in person on a daily basis.
- Processes student requests for course transfers and drops, which may include refund processing.
- Processes all transcript requests, handles mail requests, responsible for printing and mailing on a daily basis.
- Updates students’ personal information, e.g., name, address, telephone, social security number and email address, to ensure current and accurate student records.
- Adds registrations to the enrollment system.
- Processes general information requests received via email, telephone or in person.
- Replies to email requests with appropriate information, or redirects as needed. Senior Program Assistant collaborates directly with Program Department teams.
- Going beyond the functions of processing, a Senior Program Assistant engages students and prospective students in advising conversations that increase enrollments and resolve student concerns.
- Establishes service level standards and goals for timely responses and performance output.
- Customer service, student support, prospective student service, general public communications
- Answers incoming telephone calls, including local, long-distance and toll-free calls. This requires management of a multiline telephone system.
- Serves as front-line information center to respond to and service calls.
- Records and manages student communications in multiple web-based customer relationship and student information systems.
- Redirects calls to proper individuals if calls cannot be immediately serviced when answered.
- Checks and redirects voicemail. Returns calls for questions that can be addressed and handled by the Student Service Center.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Responds to all inquiries (telephone, Internet, email, walk-in) with courtesy, tact and patience.
- Exhaust all avenues to properly respond to student, prospective student other individual requests from general public about all courses, programs and activities of Professional and Continuing Education. Senior Program Assistant sets contacting goals, provides periodic call and communications activity reports, tracks personal and team performance against the established goals, documents procedures, creates FAQs and guides for inquiries and students, updates and adjustments FAQs, guides, and procedures as needed, assumes role as a communications professional and student services department point person, and assists with new hire training. Requests program information and training from the program developers in order to stay abreast of changes in curriculum, policy, and support needs.
- General Duties (as needed)
- Serves as office lead for ordering all supplies with university-approved vendors.
- Responsible for stocking all office machines, including fax, copiers and printers.
- Orders appropriate supplies as needed.
- Responsible for opening, sorting and distributing all incoming office mail.
- Serves as division liaison with campus Mail Center.
- Updates and maintains some division mailing lists.
- Prints mailing address labels for use by instructors to mail brochures and flyers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Senior Program Assistant assists in other areas of Professional and Continuing Education when staffing is low, or on as needed basis and conducts special projects as required. Seeks cross training opportunities in a proactive way.
- Requires HS Diploma plus two years related experience.
- College education may substitute for experience at the rate of 2 years education = 1 year experience.
- Minimum of one year in a position that required critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- At least 1 year experience in customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based student information and customer relationship
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; college education may substitute for experience at the rate of 2 years education = 1 year experience.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively respond to PCE calls and emails with information requested.
- Service student requests for enrollments, transfers, and drops.
- Process refunds, transcripts and certificates.
- Manages multiple requests from a variety of communications channels.
- Maintains high levels of efficiency when using data systems and data formats.
- Develop a working knowledge and use of the student enrollment system(s) and the CRM system.
- Stay informed of continuing program and course developments within PCE.
- Collaborate and support other team members in assigned area.
Senior Program Assistant – in addition to the above
- Trains Program Assistants.
- Proactively anticipates student and prospective student’s inquiries and documents solutions to improve
operations that affect customer services.
- Creates FAQs, guides, and seeks training opportunities to stay current with all program information.
- Seeks opportunities to establish goals and communicate performance regarding all aspects of student
and prospect communication and support.
- Collaborates on the development and iteration of processes to improve operational effectiveness and
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Medical and Retirement Benefited.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical and 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37 per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.