● Extensive K-12 teaching or distinguished leadership experience in the field as a teacher, resource teacher, instructional coach, school principal, education specialist, superintendent, director of curriculum and instruction, special education, or other type of instructional leader.
● Master’s degree in Education required with extensive experience in K-12 education.
● Doctoral degree in Education preferred, Curriculum and Instruction (all disciplines), Teacher Education, Educational/Social Justice and Equity, Educational Psychology, Biliteracy, with preference for accredited doctoral training in K-12 education.
● Strong background and knowledge of clinical practice
● Familiarity with California Credentialing policies
● Higher education teaching experience with strong evaluations from students and peers
● Strong interpersonal skills; must have the ability to work collaboratively with people at multiple levels of the organization.
● Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
● Demonstrated ability to organize, manage and interpret data Specific Responsibilities to include
● Teaching four courses throughout the academic year. Teaching includes practicum, fieldwork supervision, or online course facilitation in credential, masters or doctoral level programs.
● Individual and group student advising regarding practicum placements and career paths.
● Train supervisors to conduct student teaching observation protocol.
● Contributions to university, school, and departmental service including program outreach, student orientation, admissions reviews and interviews, and other activities to be determined.
● Attendance at departmental meetings.
Rank: The Professor of Practice-Director of Field Experiences is an eleven-month position in order to provide ample time to build and maintain strong relationships with local school districts and schools in an atmosphere of collegiality, respect, and shared goals. This collaboration, we believe, will ultimately provide our teacher-candidates with an educationally rewarding experience and TK-12 pupils with optimal learning. The position is a non-tenure track, three-year contracted appointment (conditioned on satisfactory performance and favorable yearly evaluations), with a possible extension beyond the third year.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.