The Technology Resource Analyst (Executive Assistant I) will provide functional support for the online career resources, applications, and simple databases necessary for the successful operation of the Career Development Center. Consults with software vendors to ensure that system updates, applications testing, customized configurations, and resource problems are resolved for USD students, staff, and employers. Serves as liaison between the Career Development Center department and the University’s Information Technology Services (ITS) department. In coordination with ITS, the Technology Resource Analyst identifies, evaluates, and recommends improvements to career resources to senior staff. Assists with compliance of policies, project management, and resolving basic technical issues in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technology Resource Support
- Provide technology resource support for the Career Development Center’s primary operational platform, Handshake, that houses online job postings, student appointments with career counselor notes, on-campus recruiting, and large event registration.
- In cooperation with ITS, serve as a liaison between the department and the application vendor to oversee system updates, customize configurations, and to troubleshoot student, staff, and employer problems.
- Any updates, patches and fixes must involve notifications to the ITS Help Desk and to the ITSERPT management team.
- Act as the functional technology resource support and liaison for all other career development software platforms such as: TalentLMS, PeopleGrove, InterviewStream, RoadTrip Nation, Interstride, Student Opportunity Center(SOC), Vault Career Intelligence, Carmen, Focus2, What Can I Do With This Major?, CareerShift, and GoinGlobal.
- In collaboration with ERPT-ITS, assist with Salesforce maintenance of the Career Readiness Program developed through ITS-ERPT(PASSPORT/COMPASS/CONNECT).
- Work with the University’s Financial Services Team to synchronize the department’s online event payment system.
- Serve as Web Content Maintainer for Career Development Center website and directory. This includes modification of content design and structure, coordination of content uploads, and basic understanding of web content management systems (e.g. Cascade, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.) updates, works with ITS web developers.
- Maintains content for digital signage system, Four Winds Interactive, in the Career Development Center building.
- Interacts with the University’s ITS department. On a strategic level, this includes ensuring that all systems are integrated, when applicable, into campus enterprise systems (e.g. Banner, Salesforce, Cognos) and researching new technologies. On a functional level, this includes resolving office technical issues and coordinating upgrades of office hardware and software.
- In coordination with ITS, the Technology Resource Analyst evaluates current and potential systems to identify opportunities for improvement and to recommend, inform, or implement office policy decisions.
- Proposes recommendations through written reports and oral presentations to senior staff.
- Creates reference manuals and trains office staff, employers, and students on how use all office applications.
Data Organization, Storage, and Retrieval
- In cooperation with ITS-NISS, assists with standardization of office shared drive policies and procedures for optimal organizational effectiveness.
- This includes work with ITS to ensure compliance with university data retention policies. Serves as database administrator for departments shared drive.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming information for potential impact on the Career Development Center.
- Assists with the collection of student, event, and resource data.
General Career Development Center Support
- Works as a team member to support other office-wide events on campus, such as large
career fairs, workshops, and employer receptions.
- Assists Career Development Coordinator with front desk support as needed.
- Assists team members with audio and visual setup for presentations and events.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- High School diploma plus 2-3 years’ experience in similar role or Bachelor’s degree with some
experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in working with a variety of software systems, trouble-shooting and updating
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a collaborative team.
- Proven experience planning, coordinating, and leading projects with varying complexities involving a
diverse customer base.
- Experience collaborating with information technology team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to create targeted means of communication to user groups
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators,
students, and the general public.
- Ability to manage confidential client and employment information with tact and discretion.
- Must possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
- General knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- General knowledge of the role career development plays within higher education.
- Website Content Management System(CMS) experience; Specifically Cascade Server Content
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement projects with complex logistics involving multiple
task and priorities.
- Two years or more of experience in a related position.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science,
information science, or similar program.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced technical literacy in Google/Microsoft environment, including Sheets/Excel, Docs/Word,
Slides/PowerPoint, Drive and Gmail.
- Experience with Handshake software preferred or similar job board platforms
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.