The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
As a member of the undergraduate admissions team, the Admission Projects & Events Coordinator will develop, plan, coordinate, and manage projects and events related to recruitment and admission. This position receives supervision from the Assistant Director. This position supervises tour guides, student volunteers and student assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate Admissions Projects and Events
- Provide administrative support to the Admission Counselor who manages Tour Guides, ambassadors and student event interns. Duties include tour guide scheduling, assist with managing the ambassador club and Tour Guide meetings, organize event day-of responsibility rosters and track attendance and volunteer records
- Coordinate logistics for events/projects including, but not limited to: Torero Showcase, Torero Visit Day, Transfer Day, Day & Overnight Visits, ME@USD, Come and See, Congratulatory Phoning, Student Interviews, Expanding Your Horizons, Science Olympiad, Grad Fest, Enrollment Management Unit Events, Virtual Events and filming/video projects
- Assist with execution of events, including but not limited to, set-up and breakdown of event materials, acting as registration greeter, liaison between office and lead Admission Counselor
- Facilitate and monitor event venue reservation system and process
- Work directly with scheduling, catering, academic department heads, facilities, media services and parking services to execute successful campus visit programs
- Monitor attendance trends to effectively forecast event attendance to minimize costs related to food, supplies and rentals
- Collect and disseminate evaluations and statistics from each event to measure standards of excellence and to improve programs in subsequent years
- Monitor the College Fair email account and regular mail invitations and maintain database of college fair assignments for the office
- Serve as an admission liaison to student clubs and organizations in order to recruit them for admission projects and events
- Assist with using social media to market admission events
Manage Space Reservations for Group Tour Info Presentations
- Schedule all Information Presentation rooms and appropriate number of Tour Guides for each group
- Provide support to the reception team by reserving space for group tours and serve as backup to the reception team when needed by assisting with group tour registration process and directly working via email and on the phone with tour group coordinators
Manage Daily Tours and space reservations for all Info Presentations
- Manage tour registration process and monitor volume of tour sizes each week
- Schedule the appropriate number of Tour Guides to cover each daily tour and provide support to the Admission Counselor who manages Tour Guides
- Assist in the communication sent to and received from Tour Guides regarding tour schedules, meetings, trainings, etc.
- Communicate with Counselor of the Day and Reception team daily changes to tour schedule and/or daily tour numbers
- Coordinate with scheduling offices to reserve space for large tour Information Sessions
- Oversee daily tour evaluation process and disseminate tour stats and evaluations to the team
Serve as Back-Up for Admissions Office Coverage
- Assist phone reception team with coverage as needed
- Assist counseling team with front desk reception coverage as needed
- Assist data processing team with opening mail, scanning of credentials, sending out large mailings, and other duties as assigned
- Provide administrative support when needed to the Admissions Management Team
Education: HS Diploma required, Associate’s degree or higher preferred
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience planning events or two years’ experience in Admissions or in relevant higher education area is desired
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to use discretion when working with confidential materials
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, in a variety of shared workspace settings
- Working knowledge of database and CRM systems (Salesforce), as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and stellar interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Reliable and able to keep regularly scheduled working hours. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$18.81 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: December 20, 2019
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.