The University of San Diego (USD) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Business. The Dean will have the opportunity to lead a school that is currently enjoying a great deal of momentum and new levels of accomplishment and distinction due to the combined efforts of faculty, staff and administration. The University is on an upward trajectory and this position offers the opportunity to play a defining role in shaping the future of business education at USD.
The Dean, who reports to the Vice President and Provost, is responsible for the overall academic, administrative, and fiscal leadership of the School of Business. The Dean is also responsible for maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with alumni, benefactors, local community, and industry. The Dean will provide leadership in defining the strategic priorities and growth of the academic programs in the School of Business to enhance the visibility, brand and reputation locally and globally. The Dean shall advance the mission and vision of the School of Business with transparent decision-making and understanding of bottom-line fiscal implications.
USD seeks a leader with a proven record in an administrative position with responsibility for developing and guiding strategy, motivating and leading a team, engaging external constituencies, and fostering diversity. The Dean must show evidence of exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Specifically, these responsibilities include:
• ensuring and promoting academic excellence and integrity in the School of Business through a strong commitment to professional and/or academic development of faculty, staff, and students;
• fostering a dynamic and cohesive leadership team as well as promoting an inclusive and welcoming environment with commitment to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty, administration, staff, and students;
• ensuring the School of Business maintains its accreditation and alignment with AACSB International standards;
• leading fundraising and capital campaign initiatives to meet current and future School priorities;
• regularly interacting with industry leaders and being a strong connection between the School of Business and the business community;
• fostering alumni engagement and relationships;
• promoting USD’s students for internships, projects and full-time employment;
• participating in University-wide strategic planning activities, especially as related to academic matters;
• having ultimate decision-making responsibility for the hiring and evaluations of faculty and administrators;
• demonstrating a strong commitment to and practice of shared governance; and
• administering all fiscal matters for the School of Business.