Web Order Processor, Auxiliary Administration
Job Number: 1060
Position Status: Part-time temporary
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Student Affairs, Staff
Position Title & Department:
|Web Order Processor, Auxiliary Administration
This is a temporary, medical and retirement-benefit based (BMR), part-time position with an anticipated assignment end date of June 21, 2020.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Responsible for managing all web orders. Process web orders daily using CampusHub, WinPRISM and UPS Worldship programs. Pick and pack correct items for each order, ship orders out in 24 hours or less. Communicate with auxiliary staff and customers on out of stock items. Communicate with e-commerce specialist regarding any items that need to be updated, etc. Monitor emails from mail order customers and offer excellent customer service in resolving their issues. Receives general supervision from the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor.
- Process daily web orders.
- Package and ship orders.
- Process received returns
- Manage web order customer service
- Out of stock items
- Declined credit cards
- Customer inquiry
- Communicate with E-commerce Specialist about in/out of stock items and monitor descriptions
- Assist storeroom supervisor with daily operations.
- Perform other related tasks and responsibilities as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to independently manage numerous work assignments concurrently.
- Ability to work as a team member to analyze problems and to develop and implement effective, workable solutions.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform required computerized tasks to include any combination of excellent oral and written communication skills.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic shipping and receiving procedures.
- Understanding the significance of accuracy in data entry and reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills for maximum productivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, students/parents, vendors, and the campus community.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as work cooperatively with a team.
- Ability to apply USD policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to students/parents, vendors, and the campus community.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$15.50 per hour; Medical and Retirement Benefited.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical and 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume and cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: Varying hours and schedule, 30 - 37.4 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend