The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Technology & Mobility Applications Specialist is charged with overseeing the technical aspects of campus parking and tram management programs, including but not limited to parking permit sales, maintaining the accuracy of the campus parking database, and tram service tracking. Performs a full range of complex administrative and technical assignments in support of the day-to-day operations of various technology.
Working collaboratively with ITS (Information Technology Services), responsibilities will include expert functional knowledge of all parking services and tram software, hardware, and applications. Ensure data integrity and system security associated with system applications are done in conjunction with ITS. Help schedule and coordinate patches/fixes and modifications; keep university community/departments informed of planned system outages and updates. Collaborate with ITS to resolve complex technical issues. Provide high level technical support to end users on the use of applications.
As part of a cross-functional team, perform a full range of varied and complex administrative and technical assignments in support of the daily operational needs of Parking and Tram Services. Assist in producing a variety of reports as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technology Management and Support
- Liaison for University of San Diego and T2/NUPARK Systems, Parkeon, tram software, and charging stations for technical support in resolving web-based issues.
- Acts as subject matter expert and trains end users in the use of T2/NUPARK and tram tracking software and all its functionality, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Responsible for parking and tram services software setup/configuration upgrades and changes to fit within the University business requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes software implementation, enhancements, upgrades, system documentation and output to identify solutions and/or make appropriate referrals of issues.
- Reviews USD business processes, compares processes to the parking and tram software system and works with designated USD personnel and managers to identify appropriate changes in the business processes.
- Authorizes end-user access to the system as requested and appropriate. Determines end user security group and creates new security groups as needed. Develops and/or assists in developing and updating system documentation such as business process guides, configuration guides, end-user training guides, and report requests.
- Acts as front-line functional support for all parking services users, to troubleshoot and escalate issues as needed to ITS, T2/NUPARK, and tram services software support.
- Works with ITS for any processes where information is exported to Workday or Payroll.
- Is cross-trained in Event Management System (EMS) scheduling software in order to provide backup to the Scheduling Applications Specialist when needed.
- Provides computer-based support for T2/NUPARK, USD Website, and Event Management System (EMS).
Parking Services Operations
- Establishes and maintains records for issuing permits, parking citation and appeal information using Parking database. Processes parking citation and appeal reports. Maintains log permit inventory and issues permits to students, faculty, staff, and guests of the university.
- Provides input to the Assistant Director to develop, implement and regularly update the operations manual for Parking Services, including operational procedures for efficient and effective campus parking enforcement. May design and implement standardized forms for special event parking requests, reserved space management and maintain daily log of event/parking sign requests.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director and Parking Services team to ensure operational procedures for efficient and effective campus parking enforcement.
- Develops long term plans and strategies for parking inventories.
- Attends, participates in, and/or leads all relevant meetings and training sessions as directed by the Director of University Mobility and Scheduling or Assistant Director of Parking Services.
- Creates and manages all permits available for sale.
- Makes recommendations to Director of University Mobility and Scheduling, Assistant Director of Parking Services, the Mobility and Parking Committee, and end-users on potential programming changes, needs, and ideas to enhance the use of campus parking and tram systems.
- Completes financial audits for financial transactions being completed such as Banner and Payroll exports and makes sure that transactions are being completed properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional experience may substitute for education requirement at the rate of one-year additional experience for two years education.
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in the field of technical support to end users on the use of applications; or related computer-based environment is necessary.
- Advanced computer skills required, in conjunction with an aptitude to learning customized software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting within a PC and/or MAC environment and related software, hardware, and peripherals is needed.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are necessary.
- Experience with T2/NUPARK parking systems preferred. Basic knowledge of relational database and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Formal project management training preferred.
- Experience implementing large new software is highly desirable.
- Experience with ERP administrative systems (Banner) is preferred.
- Experience with EMS (Event Management System) software is preferred.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Working knowledge of programming languages.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across a broad range of technologies to understand complex solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic. environment and work well under pressure.
- Ability to compose and present material to communicate difficult concepts and gain consensus.
- Effective time management skills demonstrated by successful and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to coordinate project initiatives, meetings, and work activities across various workgroups to achieve specific goals and strategic direction.
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others Expert skill with Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications Knowledge of IT and workflows.
- Knowledge of and ability to stay abreast of industry technological advances.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn information systems and applications.
- Ability to communicate concepts in concise form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions.
$19.20 - $31.67 per hour; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The range provided in this job posting is the full range of the position grade and not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be offered or earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.