Position Title & Department:
| Assistant Director of Outreach and Recruitment; School of Business
The Knauss School of Business at USD embraces a stewardship approach to business education. Stewardship requires businesses to protect and care for society in pursuit of a greater good. The Knauss School community of faculty, staff, students and graduates, embrace stewardship by applying values-driven, free-enterprise skills to improve businesses, industries, and the lives of people in our community and around the world. We provide academically rigorous, relevant and values-based education and research. Degree programs in the Knauss School of Business are AACSB accredited, with the undergraduate and MBA programs being highly ranked both domestically and internationally. www.sandiego.edu/business/about/
The University of San Diego Knauss School of Business strives to create a welcoming environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusiveness (DEI) and ethics, commensurate with our Catholic mission. We value students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds, demographics, experiences, perspectives and faiths. For more information on how DEI is tied to our efforts in creating academic excellence, our development as civic and campus citizens, and the realization of compassionate service, you may review our webpage: https://www.sandiego.edu/business/about/diversity-statement.php
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Assistant Director of Outreach and Recruitment is responsible for ensuring the unique, differentiated product attributes and benefits of each School of Business academic program are clearly articulated and sold to targeted student segments. The Assistant Director provides ongoing data analytics about the external and competitive environments in which the School competes to advance data informed decision making and program development that exceeds customer needs. The Assistant Director position collaborates with others to ensure the entire School of Business’ academic portfolio delivers defined enrollment and retention goals. Additionally, the Assistant Director works with various support groups within the School and at USD to build equity in a unified brand essence. The Assistant Director is responsible for coordinating and attending program-specific recruiting events as well as maintaining relationships with admitted students until they matriculate into their program(s). This position requires a customer-focused personality, high energy, and ability to interact with prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty and staff, and the employer community. The Assistant Director has a dotted line reporting responsibilities to the Department Chair(s) as assigned. The role requires flexibility in working some evenings and weekends, as well as occasionally travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination and collaboration with the respective Department Chair(s), e.
- Coordinate and participate in academic program-specific recruitment efforts, including but not limited to virtual and traditional face-to-face meetings with prospective students and participation in academic program related activities and/or events.
- With support from the Product Marketing Specialist, recruit new students using impactful marketing and selling tactics that yield a quantifiable and significant return on marketing investments across various channels.
- Monitor progress toward enrollment/retention targets and recruitment objectives, and provide regularly reporting of that progress to the respective Department Chair(s) and others as necessary and requested.
- Work with Product Marketing Specialist to increase quality lead generation and enrollments by prospective students while decreasing the cost per inquiry. Quality leads are those that meet or exceed the minimal requirements defined by the School of Business.
- Convert leads enrolled students.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing Specialist, develop a process for a high-converting stream (lead-to-student) of inquiries.
- Track prospective student and applicant data using our Customer Relationship Nurturing (CRN vs. CRM) system extensively to track prospective student and applicant data; analyzes and reports data to Assistant Dean of Marketing on a regular basis.
- Maintain relationships with admitted students until they matriculate into the program(s).
- Track lead quality per channel, time to contact, contact rate, conversion rates (lead to student by channel), app yield and other conversion metrics so they can be constantly optimized for improved performance.;
- Aid in the creation of all marketing tactics deployed as part of the School of Business and Academic Program Suite.
- Cultivate trusting relationships with external stakeholder groups, including but not limited to businesses, industries, non-governmental entities. Collaboration with the School of Business and USD entities who interface with those external stakeholders is critically important.
- Review applications and conduct admissions interviews in collaboration with the respective Department/Academic Program Suite and other School of Business units as needed.
- Support applicants throughout the admissions process.
- Develop and implement yield initiatives for admitted students.
- Collaborates with the Director of Business Admissions to ensure processes are consistent across all programs.
Research and Analysis
- Provide ongoing data analytics about the external and competitive environments in which the product suite competes to advance informed decision making and innovation.
- Positively impact the fiscal performance of the School of Business degree and certificate programs
- Develop and implement data-driven, metric-based marketing research, analysis and marketing assessments
- Conduct market research to adjust marketing plan and strategy as needed in order to optimize student recruitment and retention;
- Research marketing channels for specific audiences as support for assessing the ability to reach the target audience and build a marketing promotional plan;
- Conduct enrollment analysis and analyze database of prospective students to forecast future student conversions;
- Collaborate with the marcom team to monitor, track and report on all campaign activities including cost per lead (CPL) by source, lead conversions, ROI on campaign expenditures, response rates, etc.
- Collect and report data for USD reporting and other surveys (e.g., Bloomberg Businessweek, US News World Report, and others).
Event Coordination and On-Site Support
- Plan and execute recruiting events as required on and off campus
- Lead event coordinator for all recruiting events related to assigned vertical
- Work with marcom to designs event marketing communications content and strategy as needed
- Plan and promote recruiting events and work with marcom on pre- and post-event lead follow-up
- Support PMS with the creation of e-mail campaigns and marketing materials as needed to help promote recruiting events and initiatives
- Coordinate event email broadcast calendar and distribution to target segment
- Provide day-of event management by coordinating on-site logistics such as set-up, tear-down, catering, attendee check-in, etc.
Marketing and Communications
- Responsible for creating brand promise and attributes that are unique and important to the target audience for each degree program and certificate presented to the marketplace, developing compelling messaging campaigns, target personas and stewarding the campaign process with all stakeholders;
- Translate the unique differentiators and benefits of each academic program within the Academic Program Suite into all communications materials developed and produced in collaboration with Marcom
- In collaboration with the Product Marketing Specialists, develop a communication and marketing strategy that addresses the student life cycle and considers program priorities including: using customer data to establish cost effective contact practices; combining customer data to determine best ROI for promotional efforts per program, etc.
- Collaborate across the School of Business’ Academic Product Suites to ensure the entire School of Business’ academic portfolio delivers defined enrollment and retention goals
- Collaborate with the School of Business’ various support groups to ensure a unified brand essence for the School of Business is promoted (i.e., Marcom, Assistant Dean for Portfolio Management, Centers of Distinction, and Learning & Technology)
- Collaborate with Graduate Student Services, Office of Career Development, Alumni Relations Personnel and graduate student associations at the School of Business in recruiting initiatives as needed
- Upon graduation, liaise with School of Business alumni relations to connect graduates with post-graduate alumni programming
Other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference given to Business, Marketing and/or related field of study
- 3 years of work experience in product marketing, recruiting, sales, higher education or relevant industry
- Master’s degree from an accredited college of university in Business, Marketing or a related field
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e. Word and Excel, PowerPoint, content management system (CMS) and customer relations management (CRM) software
- The position requires a customer-focused personality, high energy, and ability to interact with students, faculty and staff, and alumni.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation
- Excellent skills to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences
- Evaluation and analyses of data
- Presenting materials
- Event coordination and tracking of event results
- Product or program promotion and marketing
- Interacting with the professional business community
- Human relations and interpersonal communications
- Lead conversion
- Exercising self-initiative and creativity
- Be able to function with a high degree of autonomy
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy
- Lead nurturing campaign experience with proven results
- Operation of personal computer equipment and web management
- Time management and organization of multi-tasking work requirements
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use mature judgment
- Ability to form productive working relationships with faculty, staff, and administration
- Emotional intelligence
- Being flexible and versatile in coping with evolving and work situations
- Ability to focus on technical details in an environment with many distractions
- Ability to shift mental tasks from the minute and technical to interpersonal and creative at any given moment
- Being able to handle the stress of last-minute deadlines and changes
- Ability to assume responsibility and effectively resolve problems by exercising independent judgement
$5,375 - $5,500 per month per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
The range provided in this job posting is the full range of the position grade and not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be offered or earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
In addition, the Knauss School of Business offers two different compressed work schedule options following a 9/75 structure in which employees have 1 to 1.5 days off over every two-week period as well as a hybrid option for those positions that can complete some work remotely.
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.