Vendor Management Coordinator
Posting #: 4206
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Staff, Finance
Position Title & Department:
| Vendor Management Coordinator; Procurement
The mission of Procurement Services is to provide the University of San Diego community access to the highest value of goods and services in a manner consistent with the University's mission, ensuring stewardship, quality, best practices, compliance and educational excellence.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Manager, the Vendor Management Coordinator is responsible for the onboarding of new vendors/suppliers and for maintaining a high quality, compliant, and best-in-class vendor master file for University-wide vendor data. This include reviewing and approving new vendor record requests, confirming vendor data provided, ensuring vendor data is not duplicated in system, working with others to cleanse and update the vendor master list to ensure accuracy of data, researching and confirming requests to changes in vendor data for fraud prevention, reviewing documentation submitted with vendor setup requests and confirming the status of diverse suppliers. The Vendor Management Coordinator is also responsible for continuously exploring ways to improve the efficiency of adding and maintaining vendor records, contributing to solution implementation which allows for improved capture of vendor/supplier data and leading to a high confidence in data integrity and reporting accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for end users seeking guidance on the vendor/supplier set up process and
- assist end users with navigating the vendor/supplier set up process
- Provide oversight of the progress of each vendor/supplier request, ensuring that end users are following
- the correct procedures and providing advice and guidance as needed
- Review and accept or reject new vendor/supplier requests ensuring suppliers added to the system do not
- represent a duplicate entry.
- Act as liaison between the Procurement Services Department and Accounts Payable to resolve issues
- related to supplier connection and set up
- Add approved vendors/suppliers to existing vendor databases and responsible for ensuring changes to
- supplier records are reviewed and processed in a timely manner
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Typically requires a High School Diploma or higher and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening skills, as this position works daily with a wide variety of individuals with varying needs and interests.
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality related to sensitive information and an understanding of sensitive data and the importance of data security.
- High level of organizational, collaboration, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills coupled with the ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent assignments through to completion.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend