Position Title & Department:
| ALSAM Program Coordinator; College of Arts and Sciences
As the liberal arts heart of the University of San Diego, the College of Arts and Sciences is filled with students who are versatile and multi-talented. No matter their major, graduates from the college are equipped with transferable skills that benefit them wherever their professional and personal ambitions lead.
Founded in 1949, the college has a rich history of providing the core curriculum for every undergraduate USD student, a tradition that continues today. By offering 29 majors, 37 minors and 3 graduate programs, the college is where undergraduate students begin and graduate students refine their paths towards academic excellence and personal achievement.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
This is a full-time, temporary, benefit-based position with an anticipated end date of August 31, 2023 and a possibility of renewal.
Performs detailed, complex administrative work for the ALSAM Bridging the Gap Support Fund program. Assists the Program Director in all aspects of the program. Is responsible for coordination and marketing of events sponsored by the ALSAM Bridging the Gap Support Fund program. Liaises with external partners, such as Mater Dei and Juan Diego Catholic high schools. Works with offices on campus to coordinate activities related to the program. Schedules and attends meetings with the program director, committees, stakeholders, students and faculty. Liaises with College Dean's office staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordination and Administrative Operations:
- Order camp supplies and other support materials
- Scheduling advisory board meetings
- Reserving rooms and space on campus for use during camp
- Coordinating programing with Mater Dei and Juan Diego Catholic high schools, including programming during the school year
- Reserving trams for transportation between Mater Dei Catholic High School and USD during camp
- Coordinating travel for Juan Diego Catholic High School (in Salt Lake City) students and their chaperone(s)
- Coordinate on-campus meals during camp
- Maintain program participant database for long-term program evaluation
Finance, HR, and Risk Management:
- Paperwork for camp – includes coordinating with risk management, and possibly HR to get liability paperwork to students; tracking that all students/guardians have completed the paperwork prior to camp
- Paperwork for all scholarship recipients [send information to the schools, develop scholarship selection criteria, coordinate with Financial Aid/Patti Tarantino])
- Submitting paperwork for USD graduate and undergraduate student mentors that help with camp
- Submitting stipend paperwork for faculty that help with camp
- Help with organizing paperwork logistics for having high-school students on campus in the summer (paperwork for Research Scholars [coordinating with Accounts Payable and Dean’s office to get stipend paperwork to students, tracking that all students and their guardians complete stipend paperwork; coordinating with Parking Services to get parking permits for students on campus; submitting and tracking stipend paperwork for faculty, and tracking research expenses with faculty mentors]
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Requires HS Diploma and four years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a position that requires critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven record of superior customer service skills and a commitment to keep improving those skills
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated capabilities of maintaining confidential information and handling sensitive data with discretion and tact.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines, and time constraints in a calm and effective manner.
- Takes initiative in all performance areas
- Detail oriented, independent thinker and worker who has the ability to make appropriate judgment calls as needed on a case-by-case basis, as well as work in a team environment.
- Proven ability using computers for business/accounting applications.
Performance Expectations; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Word, Excel, Power Point, Google office systems, Cascade CMS, Workday, DocuSign, Concur
$5200 per month; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.