The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Product Marketing Specialist (Specialist) is responsible for the market positioning and lead generation strategies of the Kroc School of Peace Studies academic programs portfolio. The Specialist manages processes and initiatives across multiple platforms to increase student enrollment, program development, and tuition revenue in a supportive environment, while positively shaping the Kroc School’s identity, profile, and visibility within the community. The job duties include doing research and data analytics to determine what attracts potential students to the Schools’ programs and identify market opportunities for program development. The person in this role must be entrepreneurial and well versed in existing and emerging market trends in higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities
Active engagement in the development of the strategy and implementation of digital outreach, email, online advertising and social media for the purpose of student recruitment.
- Manage relationships with agency partners in the effort of meeting student recruitment goals.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions and the Director of Marketing and Communications to implement effective digital initiatives such as email campaigns, online ads and social media content to engage prospective student audiences.
- Create and deliver approved content via social media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc). Take initiative with existing and emerging social media, blog and other platforms to broaden reach and increase engagement with desired audiences.
- Track social reach and reputation using Facebook, Google and other analytic tools Assemble, analyze, compare against benchmarks, and organize relevant information in reports and presentations to be shared with relevant stakeholders at the School and university level.
- Develop visually engaging and appealing assets for the Kroc School utilizing programs such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and others.
- Create emails and newsletters (utilizing various tools including Stripo & MailChimp) for student recruitment; including the management and maintenance of lead nurturing communications workflows in HubSpot.
Lead and maintain data research relevant for the tracking of marketing strategies and the development of academic programs
- Serve as administrator and specialist for the school’s CRM databases, HubSpot & Salesforce. Maintain data integrity and clean, accurate records of customers and supporters in the School’s databases. Perform function directly, through supervision of student workers, and by monitoring all Kroc School users. Monitor utilization of CRM database by all units.
- Maintain up-to-date email lists throughout various platforms including HubSpot, Salesforce, Advance, MailChimp. Assist with the development and implementation of surveys and other data gathering tools to obtain information relevant to the development and measurement of initiatives related to academic programs.
- Track recruitment, enrollment, and email marketing performance and other initiatives pertaining to the School’s strategic priorities.
- Assemble and organize relevant information, and draft reports that analyze results.
- Train users and troubleshoot user problems.
- Liaise with School’s CRM and Web support teams on maintenance to CRM tools.
Support in the design and implementation of non-digital marketing for student recruitment and alumni engagement.
- Assist in the development of events related to student outreach and success; including but not limited to, student orientation, open house, career fairs, webinars and student expos; taking care of marketing needs for the events.
- Participate in recruiting and career fair/expos for the Kroc School.
- Engage directly with student recruits as needed. Review academic programs related events print and collateral materials to ensure conformity with USD/Kroc School branding standards. Support the promotion of events through social media, web, calendars, e-newsletters, and other communications directly or through event champions.
- Propose ideas and provide creative input for the production of recruitment videos and related audiovisuals. Serve as HubSpot event administrator to ensure all events are branded appropriately and specifically for events with ticket sales to ensure USD Compliance Standards are met.
Maintain and develop the Kroc School-USD brand in academic programs materials
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing Communications, to assure consistency of academic programs brand essence is aligned with the parameters established by University Communications and the Kroc School.
- Assist in the training of Kroc School employees in maintaining strong brand consistency. Hire, train and supervise student employees that support the maintenance of social media, web content, CRM database and digital photography.
- Other projects as assigned.
Provide general administrative support for student recruitment needs.
- Perform administrative tasks that support the academic programs team as necessary.
- Assist with the ongoing development of the academic programs team and the shifting student recruitment landscape.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years of experience in marketing, with preference given to people with experience in higher-education
- 1-2 years of experience using or managing CRM databases including, but not limited to, data entry, creating query parameters, producing reports, mail merges, training users and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience in the professional use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.) and online advertising platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Adobe Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or related design software, Cascade Server or other content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience independently managing complex projects.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, including the ability to prioritize competing projects under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of AP style.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial and highly organized, motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Creative and design skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to remain flexible and to work in a growing and changing organization, and possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
- Excitement and ability to learn quickly new digital, social media and software applications.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Understanding and knowledge of Kroc School faculty, staff and programs.
- Knowledge of the Federal Work Study program including employment, budget and evaluation.