Position Title & Department:
| Marketing Coordinator; Continuing Education
The Division of Professional and Continuing Education is an agile and innovative academic organization committed to university and community partners in ways that serve working professionals and their employers. Thousands of current and returning students, and employers have put their trust in PCE to provide excellent educational opportunities for their personal and professional growth.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Marketing Coordinator/Senior Marketing Coordinator, under direction of the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager, provides second-level support marketing efforts for Professional and Continuing Education’s degree programs to: support the execution of marketing campaigns that generate qualified leads for target programs; positively impact the fiscal performance; and assists efforts to nurture leads and increase enrollments. In addition, the Marketing Coordinator/Senior Marketing Coordinator assists in the creation of research documents, reports, and content; coordinates projects; supports and monitors consistent branding and positioning for existing programs and those targeted for launch; and monitors the production of comprehensive and multi-channeled marketing and communications campaigns with the goal of generating leads and increasing student enrollments and revenue. Must have excellent writing, spelling, grammar. Proven ability to anticipate needs and take initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager in the development, implementation and execution of an integrated, marketing, and communications strategy, including but not limited to:
- Implementation of program-specific, multi-channeled digital marketing and communication plans for degree programs including: website maintenance, email marketing, social media, organic search, and PPC activities.
- Assists in all promotional print, television, Web, radio advertising, social media and direct mail marketing of programs/courses assigned, and assists with booking of media, career and educational portals, print, broadcast, trade shows and referral development.
- Support the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to define keywords, audience profile, write content, and position programs for pay-per-click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), and online education directories (OEDs).
- Coordinate with external vendors including designers, printers, marketing services and mail processing to develop and execute jobs, such as, collateral items, HTML email, website and landing pages, direct mail, print, etc.
- Implement email marketing initiatives including message development, copywriting, design, image selection, creating/testing HTML and developing corresponding landing page.
- Supports the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager with the delivery of a high-converting (lead-to-student) stream of inquiries from the most cost effective lead sources.
- Supports the processing of marketing-related contracts and invoices. Senior Marketing Coordinator supports the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to adapt and tailor the organization’s strategic marketing vision into a multi-channeled and comprehensive marketing plan for each degree program. -
- Monitor, track, and report on marketing campaigns and program activities, including but not limited to:
- Tracks inquiries from potential students and coordinates with enrollment advisors to ensure each potential student is experience a high level of customer Tracks and reports on campaign response rates.
- Calculates return-on-investment (ROI) on campaign expenditures using provided data.
- Tracks and reports on cost-per-lead (CPL) and cost-per-start (CPS) by each source per program.
- Prepares weekly program reports and semester reports.
- Supports performance analysis and monitoring trends across various marketing channels.
- Tracks and monitors expenses against budget. Senior Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to package and translate findings into actionable insights and converts research into report form for constituents.
- Assist the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager with student retention efforts, program development, and the launch of new degree programs, including but not limited to:
- Coordinates ongoing student engagement efforts, including managing student success website and developing email communications.
- Implements initiatives that support an increase in program referrals. Assist in all aspects of a new degree launch, such as competitive analysis, copywriting, email development, website build, and development of marketing and advertising materials.
- Conducts secondary research for all programs assigned and build out standard research templates.
- Senior Marketing Coordinator supports the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement proactive retention plans for existing students and alumni.
- General duties (as needed):
- Researches new marketing channels and emerging opportunities to specific target audiences.
- Participates in outreach efforts, career fairs, and other similar events.
- Supports the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to execute multi-channeled and comprehensive marketing plans for each degree program.
- Anticipates and solves common problems.
- Coordinates marketing campaigns, monitors yield, and tracks performance against program-specific goals.
- Execute and implement social media, email, paid search and other digital marketing tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in digital marketing and , lead generation and/or marketing-related project management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing strategy.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills.
Senior Marketing Coordinator – in addition to those above:
- Three years’ experience in digital marketing, campaign planning, and/or lead generation.
- Experience in organic search, inbound marketing, and pay-per-click (PPC).
- Demonstrated ability to systematically track and analyze feedback, data, and budget information.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of functional area and understanding of how work may impact other areas.
- Fundamental analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e. Word, Excel and working knowledge of PowerPoint, design programs, web analytic platforms, search (paid and organic), and customer relations management (CRM) software. Basic experience with Adobe creative suite and basic video editing skills are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation. Strong proof reading skills. Basic skills to write clear, lively, engaging, and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and/or the broader public, while ensuring adherence to the campus message.
- Thorough attention to detail. Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience using marketing automation software to develop and deliver digital marketing programs through a broad range of B2C channels including email, social media, and web.
- Experience with Google Analytics, marketing automation software, setting up email campaigns, and analyzing results.
- Fundamental research skills to conduct needs assessment and secondary research over the internet. Strong fact-verification skills.
- Strong knowledge of project management fundamentals.
Senior Marketing Coordinator – in addition to those above:
- Fundamental skills in search efforts (paid and organic), and experience with A/B testing, and conversion rate optimization.
- Knowledge of and skill in planning and implementing various integrated marketing campaigns.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends in order to meet project deadlines. Must be able to work with all required technologies and tools.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Personal computer (PC environment), various software applications (MS Office tools, Internet technologies, etc.), copier, fax machine, telephone.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.