Position Title & Department:
|Techno Functional Systems Analyst, ERP Technology Services
At ERPT, we provide enterprise technology services for business and academic information systems. We collaborate with business users across campus to purchase, implement and maintain enterprise technologies for the university’s diverse business and academic needs. Additionally, we innovate mobile and web applications designed in-house to enhance the student experience at USD, and empower students to improve their overall success.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Techno Functional System Analyst will work with project teams within EA on innovative solutions that impact the experience of Students, Staff, Faculty, Alumni and others within the USD community. This position will pro-actively manage, troubleshoot, and take ownership of assigned system production issues and implementation projects along with providing technical support to end users on the use of various applications.
The analyst will be actively involved in gathering requirements, testing technical solutions, and deployment in particular those that leverage Salesforce, Banner, Luminis Portal, Auxiliary Services solutions, Digital Document Management solutions, and/or mobile technologies. The position will partner with team members to leverage progressive technologies, create and improve team standards and processes, and existing protocols to arrive at a sustainable application portfolio. This position receives supervision from the Enterprise Applications Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Systems Expertise and Collaboration
- Software Configuration and Maintenance
- Systems Analysis and Project Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education or certification.
- Minimum four years of professional employment that demonstrates progressive responsibility in information systems and project leadership. Two years of experience should be in a higher educational environment.
- Experience with Salesforce or CRM solutions.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience implementing Application systems and supporting various users in a production environment at a Higher Education institution.
- Experience in a vendor supported ERP product environment, understanding of how patches and upgrades are handled and supported.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose/resolve technical problems independently.
- Strong working knowledge of a CRM product from both a functional and technical perspective.
- Some Web design or programming experience in Java/J2EE/HTML/CSS.
- Basic knowledge of relational database and SQL in an Oracle or Windows environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical staff as well as non-technical users.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to multi task and work in a collaborative team environment and to work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated strong customer service attitude as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem solving; and ability to work independently as well as in a multi-role team environment are needed.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities including setting goals, plans, and priorities, to achieve results.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
|Special Application Instructions:
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.